We are now meeting outside at Taylor Lake Park, shelter #2. Our upcoming meetings are:
- May 10, 2021 – Please bring paper, pen and the “Tips and Tricks” you use for quilting, needlework, knitting, and cooking a quick and easy meal so we have more time to quilt. This could even be a website you use to purchase fabric and/or patterns or a YouTube video you watch.
- June 14, 2021 – This meeting will be our last meeting until we resume in September. For our Flag Day Show and Tell, please bring a patriotic quilt, wall hanging, runner or any memorabilia that has been in your family.
Come at 9:30am and the meeting will start at 10am.
- Please wear a mask and social distance
- Bring your Show and Tell’s.
- Charity quilts are being collected at the meetings.
- There will be a quilt demonstration.
- Scraps are being collected for dog beds (Paws Rescue). Please, no paper or pins in the scraps.
- There is a free table for donating stuff to others. If your stuff isn’t taken by the end of the meeting, please take it back home with you.
Since we won’t be meeting over the summer, the Program Chairs, Paula and Mary, and the President, Dell have a challenge for you. The challenge is for you to make a 3 yard quilt using any pattern you wish. It can be for you to keep, give to a friend and/or donate to the Largo Cracker charities.
WE MADE THE NEWS
The Tampa Bay Times came out and interviewed about our group! If you missed the article, you can view it by clicking here.
Our treasurer‘s term will be done at the end of 2020, and we’ll need a new treasurer for next year. If you are computer and spreadsheet savvy, please consider volunteering in this area.
We are also looking for someone to write the newsletter, and someone to update the website.
Next year will be LCQ’s 40th year anniversary. We would like to celebrate and need a coordinator.
We are collecting your quilting scraps for the boutique at our next Quilt Show. Scraps should be at least 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ but no bigger than a fat quarter. We bag them up by color and sell them by the pound.
President: Dell Forrester
Vice-President: Mary Schmidt & Paula Riccio
Treasurer: Mary Ann Skinner
Secretary: Jan Sudermaster
2021 Quilt Show Chair: Carol Marshall
We normally meet weekly on Mondays from 10:00 AM until 12:00 Noon at Christ Presbyterian Church 3115 Dryer Ave Largo, FL 33770. Business meetings are held on the 4th Monday of the month (excluding July and August). Our doors open at 9:30 AM for visiting, browsing the library and basting quilts.
Feel free to share your current quilt project on our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/LargoCrackerQuilters