All guild meetings have been cancelled until September. The church where we meet will be closed until June 1st and we don’t meet in the summer. We’ll see everyone again in September.
While we are staying at home, feel free to share your current quilt project on our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/LargoCrackerQuilters
And continue to work on your UFO challenge. March’s number is 1, and April’s number is 8. Also, make some show-stopping quilts for our upcoming quilt show.
WE MADE THE NEWS
The Tampa Bay Times came out and interviewed about our group! If you missed the article, you can view it by clicking here.
PRESIDENT’S UFO CHALLENGE
This year’s President’s Challenge is based on All People’s 2020 UFO Challenge which goes… “you probably have a stack of unfinished projects. Whether you ran out of time, didn’t have the right materials, or just got sick of the quilt, unfinished projects pile up easily — and take up a lot of space! Make a resolution this year to clean out your UFOs.”
- Download the UFO Challenge chart here.
- Fill in twelve projects that you want to finish this year. You can choose from any of your UFOs.
- At each business meeting, we will randomly draw a number 1 through 12. That number will correspond with which number project you work on throughout the next month.
- January’s number is 5. Work on the 5th UFO project.
- February’s number is 4. Work on your 4th UFO project.
- March’s number is 1. Work on your 1st UFO project.
- April’s number is 8. Work on your 8th UFO project.
- At the next meeting, bring in your finished UFO for Show N Tell, and for $1, you will receive a ticket for the end of the year 50/50 raffle. The winner receives half of the proceeds.
Our treasurer’s term will be done at the end of 2020, and we’ll need a new treasurer for next year. If you are computer and spreadsheet savvy, please consider.
Our 2021 quilt show needs an Advertisement Sales coordinator.
Next year will be LCQ’s 40th year anniversary. We would like to celebrate and need a coordinator.
We are collecting your quilting scraps for the boutique at our next Quilt Show. Scraps should be at least 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ but no bigger than a fat quarter. We bag them up by color and sell them by the pound.
The change in by-laws brings about a change in dues for this year of transition. Since we as members have already paid for 1/2 of next year, dues for the remaining half of 2020 will be $17. These will be payable January 1st and will extend your membership to December 31, 2020.
President: Dell Forrester
Vice-President: Mary Schmidt & Paula Riccio
Treasurer: Mary Ann Skinner
Secretary: Jan Sudermaster
2021 Quilt Show Chair: Carol Marshall
We meet weekly on Mondays from 10:00 AM until 12:00 Noon at Christ Presbyterian Church 3115 Dryer Ave Largo, FL 33770. Business meetings are held on the 4th Monday of the month (excluding July and August). Our doors open at 9:30 AM for visiting, browsing the library and basting quilts.